Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Contradictions


 

It has been so long

Since I smelt burnt sage

And evergreen rain

The harmonious couple dancing

Smoke and water

Into this warrior's concern


 

I take this embracing cold rain

And salvaged smoke

Fevered with the possibility of change

On these ragged streets

Pavement and pine needles

Served as my training walls

I do not believe

That we have disposed of savage inequalities

From education to innate possibilities

My people are still being choked


 

This smudging supernatural sight

Attacks strategy bare and composed

With a mission of victory without tragedy

One should take notice to the universe

Bending towards the side of justice

The fight lies in self-direction

And poise at times of anger and rage

Yet more so, justice carries with such persistence

When it is not ill affected by one's own dramas


 

I am torn of my revolution

Because of one bronze skinned Xicano

Crazily he laminates a young girl's skin

To encroaching tortures

Known only to broken hearts alike

The conversations between our hearts is crisp night air

And only the morning glory can see the taking of my hair

That is not a cliquish romance of salsa dances

And Latin lovers

It is a romance of ideologies and power

Eminent elements of seduction

This is a matter of contradiction of struggle and love

Infringing on my means of arriving at an end

No comments:

Post a Comment